If you get a Mac with Firewire-800 only, you’ll need this

2009-06-13 07:01

sonnet tech fw 400 to 800 adaptor
Most existing Firewire devices — outboard disks, cameras, scanners — are interfaced using Firewire 400. You’ll need an adaptor like this one to use them with your shiny new MacBook Pro, which is equipped with Firewire 800 only. I bought mine, made by Sonnet Tech, from Cesell; if you prefer to do your own research, here’s Google’s page of shopping results for “firewire 800 to 400 adaptor.”